DMI-EMK Environmental Services, Inc. (DMI-EMK) is a locally owned California Corporation that has been providing environmental consulting and field services within California’s Central and South Coast regions since 1995. David Irwin, owner and President of the firm, has provided environmental consulting services since 1986, working in Santa Barbara, Ventura and the south coast areas for numerous well-known companies before starting his own firm, DMI Environmental Services, Inc. in 1995. Eric Kirkegaard, owner and Vice President of the firm began his consulting career in 1991 and also worked in the Ventura and Santa Barbara areas before teaming up with Mr. Irwin in 2004 to form DMI-EMK. Both principals of the firm are licensed California Professional Geologists.
From our offices located in Santa Barbara and Ventura, we are well poised to serve the areas of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and Ventura Counties, and beyond. It is our goal to provide quality environmental consulting, planning and permitting services at competitive rates.
The breadth and depth of services DMI-EMK provides is due to the collective experience of its staff. The firm is comprised of the following Key Personnel:
- David M. Irwin, PG, CEG – Owner, President, Senior Geologist (Résumé)
- Eric M, Kirkegaard, PG – Owner, Vice President, Senior Geologist (Résumé)
- Alan R. Nelsen – Senior Project Manager (Résumé)
- Sara S. Killen, PG – Professional Geologist (Résumé)
- Robert F. Vickers – Groundwater and Remediation Program Manager/Senior Staff Scientist (Résumé)
- Steve Cattanach – AutoCAD/GIS Specialist (Résumé)
- Lisa Irwin – Senior Staff Geologist/Technical Reviewer (Résumé)
In addition to DMI-EMK’s well qualified staff, we have a network of independent environmental and engineering consultants and sub-consultants in a variety of fields who are available depending on the specific needs of any project. This includes specialized field services, construction management, soils and civil engineering, biological services, and surveying. We are confident that with our in-house staff and outside consultant network, we can meet the needs of your project.